Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) Between the Central Board of Excise and Customs and the Institute of Company Secretaries of India to setting up CFC (Certified Filing Centers) by Practicing Company Secretary at various places in India for transaction like E- filing of returns and Other documents in Central Excise and Service Tax. At Initial Stage it Valid for One year then it shall be based up on renewal.
* Company Secretary in Practice or firm of Company Secretary in Practice
* Member of the ICSI with Valid Certificate of Practice
* Experience of One Year in Practice.
* Non - Gulity of Professional Misconduct under the Company Secretaries Act, 1980
* should not face any investigation or enquiry Under Central Board of Excise and Customs includes Service Tax and Rules.
* Should Meet all Technical Eligibility conditions
Conditions for Technical Eligibility:
* Office Space - Minimum 1000 Sq. ft
* Two Counter Seats and Basic Infra structure of 4 to 5 waiting Seats
* Two Pentium Classes IV PC with Windows 2000 & XP, Internet Connection, Adobe Rader 7.0, Java Runtime
* Laser Printer, Fax and Phone Facility
* PDF Converter and Anti - Virus Software, Me - Office HDD 80 GB or More
Services Under CFCs
* Central Excise Returns ER1 to ER6 and Dealer Return
* Service Tax Return (ST3)
* Various Claims, refunds, registration and replies to Appeals and Show Cause Notice.
Fees Under CFC:
Can Charge maximum rate as indicated in MoU
Mode of Application:
* Apply to ICSI through Regional Office / Branch of the ICSI
* Regional Office / Branch of ICSI shall forward application to Head Office of ICSI with fees.
* After satisfaction of Head Office of ICSI, will issue a CFC certificate to applicant
* Head office of ICSI will forward list of approved CFCs. to CBEC
Good Scope of the profession of Company Secretary