ATTENTION STUDENTS OF FOUNDATION, EXECUTIVE AND
Applicability of the Companies Act, 2013 for Examinations from December 2014 onwards It is informed that the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 and the rules and regulations made thereunder shall be applicable for Examinations from December, 2014 onwards. This means that the question papers of the
following subjects of Foundation, Executive and Professional level shall carry questions from the Companies Act, 2013 instead of the Companies Act, 1956:
1. Business Environment and Entrepreneurship (Paper 1)
1. Company Law (Module 1, Paper 1)
2. Company Accounts and Auditing Practices (Module 2, Paper 5)
3. Capital Markets and Securities Laws (Module 2, Paper 6)
1. Advanced Company Law and Practice (Module 1, Paper 1)
2. Secretarial Audit, Compliance Management and Due Diligence (Module 1, Paper 2)
3. Corporate Restructuring, Valuation and Insolvency (Module 1, Paper 3)
4. Ethics, Governance and Sustainability (Module 2,Paper 6)
5. Drafting, Appearances and Pleadings (Module 3, Paper 8)
6. Capital, Commodity and Money Market (Module 3, Paper 9.2, Elective)
Other subjects of Foundation, Executive, Professional, Elective papers that has reference to Companies Act, 1956 should be read in line with Companies Act, 2013.
Please note that all the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 may or may not have come into effect on the date of Examination. Nevertheless, question papers will carry question from the Companies Act 2013 only and not the Companies Act, 1956.
Students can have access to Reading Material on the Companies Act, 2013 uploaded on ICSI Website under the Head ‘Academic Corner’ at the link